A happy heart makes the face cheerful...Proverbs 15:13

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Just Quiet

When you first have children, it is a difficult process getting accustomed to the difference in your household. It becomes a kid house. It's a mess, its busy, its fun, and it's loud. Well at least in my house anyway. Once that has become the norm, have you ever noticed how the quietness of no children running around can leave many different emotions? For me, I first let out a *sigh* of relaxation and then think "This is nice". Then, I start to think, '"What I am suppose to do now?"However, within a few hours my mindset will suddenly change. I begin to miss it. I miss the laughter, the crying, the yelling, the stomping, the fighting, the voices and the whispers.

When there is something so constant in your life it is difficult to be without it. This works the same with God. It is often difficult to get into a constant pattern of listening to the right music, watching the right shows, reading you Bible regularly, and Praying...a lot. Then you are able to get into this pattern. Your life really takes place and it becomes the norm. Have you had a week, even a month or longer, where you have just been out of that routine. Life just isn't the same is it? You begin to miss it. You miss when He speaks to you through his words, when he whispers to you when your having a bad day, when your crying, when your stomping, when your fighting....

Well it happens. It happens to all Christians. Sometimes life gets busy. With me, it doesn't take but a day or 2 before I miss it. I can't go with out speaking to Him and hearing Him. Knowing He is there. Even though I feel that way about my husband, it is a different experience. It really seems to lift me, to calm me, and gives the ability to think more clearly about my what I say and do. Not that my husband isn't able to do those things, but it is still...different.

My question for you: Is God constant in your life? Do you make him a part of your routine? What can you do today to add Him to your routine.


Deuteronomy 11:9(and 6:7) says: "You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down and when you rise."
I don't think Moses could have been more straight forward when he wrote that. Pretty self-explanatory :)

No comments:

Post a Comment